Skip to main content

I'm a 24 yr old male I was convinced of a csc3rd degree when I was 17 yrs old and I want to get my record expunged, pardoned etc

Chicago, IL |

I was sentenced to 2 to 15 and served 2 yrs and 6 mths of that sentence I completed two yrs of parole and have no other convictions on my record .

Attorney Answers 3


The answer remains the same, no matter how you try to reword your question. You cannot get your record expunged. If you wish to seek a pardon, you realistically will have to wait decades, show yourself to be a model citizen, and t]even them you will have a hard time. Very very pardons are granted.

Although AVVO describes this site as providing free legal advice, it is really a simple Q&A forum. The volunteer attorneys provide general answers. No specific legal advice is given here and no attorney-client relationship is established. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your area. Be sure to bring all relevant paperwork with you.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Counsel is right but it is a good idea to consult with an executive clemency lawyer right away. There are certain things you can do now to boost your petition later.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Was this an Illinois conviction? We have not had indeterminate sentencing in Illinois for many years. If your conviction was from another state you will have to seek a remedy there, no matter where you live now. In general, conviction are not exungeable in Illinois, although there are now a very few exceptions to what was for long an absolute rule. Pardons are rarely granted, and even then it is usually only after many decades of socially useful life.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics