I'm a 24 yr old male I was convinced of a csc3rd degree when I was 17 yrs old and I want to get my record expunged, pardoned etc

Asked 5 months ago - Chicago, IL

I was sentenced to 2 to 15 and served 2 yrs and 6 mths of that sentence I completed two yrs of parole and have no other convictions on my record .

1. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . The answer remains the same, no matter how you try to reword your question. You cannot get your record expunged. If you wish to seek a pardon, you realistically will have to wait decades, show yourself to be a model citizen, and t]even them you will have a hard time. Very very pardons are granted.

2. Anthony Bettencourt Cameron

Answered . Counsel is right but it is a good idea to consult with an executive clemency lawyer right away. There are certain things you can do now to boost your petition later.

3. Joshua Sachs

Answered . Was this an Illinois conviction? We have not had indeterminate sentencing in Illinois for many years. If your conviction was from another state you will have to seek a remedy there, no matter where you live now. In general, conviction are not exungeable in Illinois, although there are now a very few exceptions to what was for long an absolute rule. Pardons are rarely granted, and even then it is usually only after many decades of socially useful life.