I'm 48yrs old. I was sent to a maxofacial surgeon 6 yrs ago by my dentist for bone grafting &!mini implants. He never bone graft

Akron, OH |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

He never bone grafted and consequently I just have my lower mandable &my upper jaw is atrophied into my sinuses.initialy he said on my first visit that my bones have atrophied equivalent to A person around their late 70's. He also never medicated me after trying to say that he did. I went to a different surgeon that informed me that their all 6 rejectiong. And my facial nerves are exposed.If damaged that will paralize 1/2 my face and throat permanently. Both sides are exposed. I stay in my room app.20 hours a day d/t I don't and cant tolerate my plates, I live with severe pain everyday and bleeding and thrush. I believe he will return the money if I have legal Rep. I have not been able to work since 2010.I've lived on pudding because I choke on food. Hospitalized once with that.10yr warran

Statute of limitations are different in every state, so you would want to check with a local med mal lawyer, and if it is not too late to pursue a claim, the lawyer can order your records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

The statute of limitations to sue that surgeon may have passed. Contact a local malpractice attorney to see if you still have a claim.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with the responding attorneys. You should consult with a medical malpractice to review your case and give you legal guidance. I hope you found my answer helpful.

Under Ohio law the statute of limitations for proceediing against the dentist is one year from the surgery, one year from the date you last treated with the dentist for the surgical issue, or one year from the date you reasonably could have discovered the problem - whichever date is latest. You need to see a lawyer asap so that your potential rights against this dentist can be reviewed.

The date on which you consulted a different surgeon will most likely be the date, and probably the very latest, when your one year statute of limitations began to run. If that consultation occurred within the last year I would be happy to speak with you concerning your case. Please feel free to contact my office and ask to speak with one of my staff nurses.

I consulted with a different surgeon this past September and received the bad news of the implants all rejecting & both facial nerves exposed.

I will contact you early this coming week.Thank you for taking an interest.