I'm 20 and I got drunk one night pastes out on the bed when I woke up a 14 year old girl was on top now she is pregnant

Asked over 1 year ago - Panama City, FL

I was drunk and pasted out on the bed when I woke up a 14 year old girl was on top of me having sex and now she is pregnant!! What do I do?
Her mom and dad want to put me in jail but I have done nothing wrong

1. David Lloyd Merrill

Pro

36

1

Answered . Call a criminal defense lawyer right away -- and stop talking about any facts of your case in an open, public forum without getting that advice first. Anything you say here can be used against you in court. And remember: if the child turns out not to be yours, it will be what you admit and say that will get you convicted.

As a practical matter speak to the parents. If you are about to be a father (and, candidly, you should require a paternity test to confirm the child is yours), then the mother and father may want to work with you to keep you out of jail so that you can provide for the 14 year old and your child. Note that this will not be their call -- prosecuting you will be up the the State and does not require the parents (or anyone else) to "press charges", but having mom and dad on your side can never hurt.

Again, get a lawyer -- today.

Pro

37

Answered . Retain a local criminal defense lawyer as statutory rape is a very serious matter.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Zachary Michael Ward

34

Answered . Call an attorney as soon as possible. And do not post anything else on a public forum regarding this situation. You are in a situation where there are few, if any, credible defenses. You are going to need an experienced and canny attorney to defend you.

Do not talk about the situation with the girl, her family or the police (or anyone else). Hire the best lawyer you can, and talk to him/her about it.

4. Robert Bruce Kopelson

35

Answered . You need to talk to a criminal lawyer, and a family law lawyer. You could be prosecuted for statutory rape or more, depending upon what story the girl has given. You also need family law advice as you may become a father and have all sorts of issues to deal with.

5. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

33

Answered . I agree with Mr. Kopelson. You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. I hope you found my answer helpful.

6. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

31

Answered . You need to speak with a criminal defense attorney immediately.

Additionally, I would strongly recommend you stop posting details about your case in public forums, like Avvo. If the prosecutor or police are able to identify you based on this post, your post could be used against you.

Good luck with your case.

7. Brian Lee Michael Balaguera

29

Answered . You definitely need to hire a Criminal and Family lawyer ASAP.

8. Joseph Peyton Lea III

21

Answered . Contact a Criminal Lawyer ASAP!!! You are treading on very thin ice. Do not discuss this with anyone except a lawyer. Your exposure to a sexual battery charge as well as being a classified a sexual offender is nothing to be taken lightly.