Skip to main content

I'm 20 and I got drunk one night pastes out on the bed when I woke up a 14 year old girl was on top now she is pregnant

Panama City, FL |

I was drunk and pasted out on the bed when I woke up a 14 year old girl was on top of me having sex and now she is pregnant!! What do I do?
Her mom and dad want to put me in jail but I have done nothing wrong

Attorney Answers 8

  1. You need to talk to a criminal lawyer, and a family law lawyer. You could be prosecuted for statutory rape or more, depending upon what story the girl has given. You also need family law advice as you may become a father and have all sorts of issues to deal with.

  2. Call a criminal defense lawyer right away -- and stop talking about any facts of your case in an open, public forum without getting that advice first. Anything you say here can be used against you in court. And remember: if the child turns out not to be yours, it will be what you admit and say that will get you convicted.

    As a practical matter speak to the parents. If you are about to be a father (and, candidly, you should require a paternity test to confirm the child is yours), then the mother and father may want to work with you to keep you out of jail so that you can provide for the 14 year old and your child. Note that this will not be their call -- prosecuting you will be up the the State and does not require the parents (or anyone else) to "press charges", but having mom and dad on your side can never hurt.

    Again, get a lawyer -- today.

  3. I agree with Mr. Kopelson. You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. I hope you found my answer helpful.

  4. You need to speak with a criminal defense attorney immediately.

    Additionally, I would strongly recommend you stop posting details about your case in public forums, like Avvo. If the prosecutor or police are able to identify you based on this post, your post could be used against you.

    Good luck with your case.

    This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

  5. Retain a local criminal defense lawyer as statutory rape is a very serious matter.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  6. Call an attorney as soon as possible. And do not post anything else on a public forum regarding this situation. You are in a situation where there are few, if any, credible defenses. You are going to need an experienced and canny attorney to defend you.

    Do not talk about the situation with the girl, her family or the police (or anyone else). Hire the best lawyer you can, and talk to him/her about it.

  7. You definitely need to hire a Criminal and Family lawyer ASAP.

    The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice. The information is based on the facts given and should not be relied upon by the reader. An attorney-client relationship is not established by this transmitting this information. The best way to receive accurate advice and establish an attorney-client relationship is by retaining a licensed attorney.

  8. Contact a Criminal Lawyer ASAP!!! You are treading on very thin ice. Do not discuss this with anyone except a lawyer. Your exposure to a sexual battery charge as well as being a classified a sexual offender is nothing to be taken lightly.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics