I'm 19 i just arrested 3 weeks ago for theft and burglary i got charged with 2 felonies what am i facing when i go to court?

Asked over 3 years ago - Henderson, NV

I posted bail but my court is tomorrow May 18 2011. This is my first offense it was all because i got threaten by some guy that said that he knew my step dad and said that he was going to hurt me and my child if i did do what he said. this guy that goes short-t told me to go in to walmart and get some blue rays and some other stuff and he was going to pay me 300 dollars for diapers and formula for my child if i complete the job he gave me a call from a unknown number and gave me instruction on what to do but i got caught when leaving with the items and got arrested. while i was in jail my step dad got jumped by short-t friends because i failed the task. I spent a week i jail before i posted bail, i don't have a law to defend me tomorrow what should i do?

1. Paul J Adras

Pro

Answered . You should appear in court, and advise the judge you are in the process of retaining counsel, and request a continuance of the court date. You are facing serious charges, and you should consult with a Nevada criminal defense attorney immediately to go over your options.

Regards,

Paul J. Adras, Esq.
    4532 W Charleston Blvd
    Las Vegas NV 89102
    (702) 463-4200