I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 16 and pregnant. What is required to get a marriage license in Fannin County, GA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Blue Ridge, GA

I need to know the cost to obtain a marriage license, what are the laws on pregnant minors marrying in my county, and I need to know what I need in order to obtain the marriage license.

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . You need her parents' permission.

2. Jean O'Neil Supnick

2

Answered . The cost for the license itself varies from county to county, but it is roughly $30. Both parties will have to show a form of ID proving age, such as a birth certificate, driver's license or military ID. You must be at least 18 years of age to marry in Georgia, but if one is age 16 or 17, parents must give consent. If her parents live in Fannin County, they should appear before the probate judge there. If they live somewhere else, they can give their consent before a judge where they live. You will be seeking approval from the probate judge, so you may be looking at some additional costs. I suggest going to the clerk of the probate court in your county and telling them the situation to find out if there are additional costs/forms.

3. Anthony M. Zezima

Pro

1

Answered . You will need the permission of her parents.