I'm 18 and moving to California. What are all of the age of consent laws?

Oakland, CA |

I am not planning on having sexual intercourse with anyone younger than 18 but I figure that it is good to know the laws.

1. You are correct you only have a sexual involvement with individuals over the age of 18. You also cannot have sexual contact with individuals that are incapacitated or mentally disabled. Also, common bestiality still remains a crime in the state of California.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.