I'm 17 years old, I just found out I am pregnant, but my boyfriend is 19 years old, What will happen?

Asked 10 months ago - Victorville, CA

I live in California, and I found out I am around maybe a month or two pregnant. We have been together for 2 months now, I'm scared and I'm really nervous.

I made a mistake, We have been together for almost 2 years now I didn't mean to write 2 months, and also I was pregnant once before but I had a miscarriage, my mother knew about that though. Also he was born in 1994, I was born in 1996.

1. Edna Carroll Straus

1

Answered . Tell someone. Your parents or your doctor. As long as there is no abuse, you are entities to privacy under HIPAA.

Your "boyfriend" of 2 months has commited statutory rape.

Neither of you is a full blown adult. This is far more than a legal matter.

2. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

Answered . I agree with my colleague: at a very young age you are already making terrible life choices that will have permanent implications. Your boyfriend needs to seek an attorney and you need to get proper medical treatment for your child. Beyond that, you need to evaluate the choices you are making.

3. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

Answered . Understandable that you are scared or nervous. You need to get medical care for both yourself and your child. Your boyfriend needs to get a lawyer. People under the age of 18 in California are not legally able to consent to sex.