I'm 17 years old. I am being charged with 3 felonies. I'm being tried in a juvenile court.

I'm being charged with 245 A 1 Pc, 243 D Pc, and 245A1PC. The three felonies are Great bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery on a person. The person didn't press charges but the District Attorney still wants to prosecute. I don't have any previous violent convictions. What type of sentence should I expect?

Update: Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions, I've agreed to a plea deal 50 hours community service and complete anger management along with proof of school enrollment. Plus the 3 felonies would be removed off my record only if I don't get arrested within a year from when I turn 18. Great judge.

The good news for you is that you are being tried in juvenile court. There are so many factors that go into what will happen to you if a petition is sustained holding you responsible for the conduct of assault with great bodily injury. Juvenile court looks at rehabilitation and will look for a solution to control our actions so in the future you will not do this again. The fact the person did not want to press charges should go in your favor at the time of the probation recommendation. The DA still has to prove the case and there may be issues with the person injured if he or she does not testify.

You need to talk with your juvenile lawyer.

One issue that will adversely affect you in the future is the PC 245(a)(1) with GBI is a strike. That may follow you as an adult in the event you get in trouble again

Every case is different. Specific facts of your case must be applied before relying on an answer to a general question. The answer given here is a general statement of the law on the issue that you presented in your question.

The GBI allegation is a strike. Even as a juvy, strikes are serious and prevent your juvy record from being sealed Juvy strikes can be alleged against you in the future when you are an adult. Charges are the province of the DA, not a victim. That's why our cases read: The People of the State of California v. [Defendant]. Victims don't file cases DAs do. PLEASE get an attorney and fight this case, your future is in jeopardy if you don't.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

As my colleagues have stated, these are serious charges, even if you remain in juvenile court. You and your parents need to discuss the consequences you face with a good attorney. Do it now.

www.clfca.com
949-246-1475

In this type of scenario, the sentence will depend upon the injuries sustained by the victim and other circumstances. I have had matters in which my client was accused of stabbing an individual and after trial he was sentenced to 1 month in camp. I have appeals where the client is accused of assault with a deadly weapon with serious injuries and he was sentenced to juvie until 25. So there are many factors that are not presented here and should only be discussed in private with an attorney. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
for Fairness / for Your Freedom because sometimes good people find themselves in bad situations.
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

I agree with my colleagues. This is very serious and you should retain an experienced attorney to represent you. Although you are a juvenile, you do not want to have any serious felony charges sustained against you. You may call our firm for a free consultation, my partner has helped countless juveniles with similar charges. Cavalluzzi & Cavalluzzi 323-467-2300.

You need to make sure how the felonies are being removed and remember that you could be charged as an adult next time even before you are 18 and then you are going to the largest mental institution in this country LA County Jail and that is equal to Hell.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

Plus throwing your life away and becoming someones -itch!!