I'm 17 years old. I am being charged with 3 felonies. I'm being tried in a juvenile court.

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm being charged with 245 A 1 Pc, 243 D Pc, and 245A1PC. The three felonies are Great bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery on a person. The person didn't press charges but the District Attorney still wants to prosecute. I don't have any previous violent convictions. What type of sentence should I expect?

Update: Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions, I've agreed to a plea deal 50 hours community service and complete anger management along with proof of school enrollment. Plus the 3 felonies would be removed off my record only if I don't get arrested within a year from when I turn 18. Great judge.

1. Jeffrey Dean Schwartz

11

1

Answered . The good news for you is that you are being tried in juvenile court. There are so many factors that go into what will happen to you if a petition is sustained holding you responsible for the conduct of assault with great bodily injury. Juvenile court looks at rehabilitation and will look for a solution to control our actions so in the future you will not do this again. The fact the person did not want to press charges should go in your favor at the time of the probation recommendation. The DA still has to prove the case and there may be issues with the person injured if he or she does not testify.

You need to talk with your juvenile lawyer.

One issue that will adversely affect you in the future is the PC 245(a)(1) with GBI is a strike. That may follow you as an adult in the event you get in trouble again

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

10

1

Answered . The GBI allegation is a strike. Even as a juvy, strikes are serious and prevent your juvy record from being sealed Juvy strikes can be alleged against you in the future when you are an adult. Charges are the province of the DA, not a victim. That's why our cases read: The People of the State of California v. [Defendant]. Victims don't file cases DAs do. PLEASE get an attorney and fight this case, your future is in jeopardy if you don't.

3. Dan Eugene Chambers

10

Answered . As my colleagues have stated, these are serious charges, even if you remain in juvenile court. You and your parents need to discuss the consequences you face with a good attorney. Do it now.

www.clfca.com
    949-246-1475

4. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

6

Answered . In this type of scenario, the sentence will depend upon the injuries sustained by the victim and other circumstances. I have had matters in which my client was accused of stabbing an individual and after trial he was sentenced to 1 month in camp. I have appeals where the client is accused of assault with a deadly weapon with serious injuries and he was sentenced to juvie until 25. So there are many factors that are not presented here and should only be discussed in private with an attorney. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    for Fairness / for Your Freedom because sometimes good people find themselves in bad situations.
    (800) 409-7010

5. Maria Cavalluzzi

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. This is very serious and you should retain an experienced attorney to represent you. Although you are a juvenile, you do not want to have any serious felony charges sustained against you. You may call our firm for a free consultation, my partner has helped countless juveniles with similar charges. Cavalluzzi & Cavalluzzi 323-467-2300.

6. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . You need to make sure how the felonies are being removed and remember that you could be charged as an adult next time even before you are 18 and then you are going to the largest mental institution in this country LA County Jail and that is equal to Hell.