I'm 17 years of age, and I want to move out. My mom doesn't have a reason why she won't let me leave, so can I leave on my own?

Midland, TX |

my brother's dad just came home, and he thinks he can run any and everything. My boyfriend used to live with us because he was picked on at his home and now my mom won't let us stay the night because he(her "man")doesn't like the idea. I feel like it shouldn't matter and now my mom is acting different since he's here.

No, you cannot just leave on your own. And having your boyfriend stay the night is a terrible idea.

http://blog.powerdaley.com/2012/01/emancipation-of-minors-in-texas.html

Its not a terrible idea when he's been treated like and told he's no longer wanted at his home. Plus, i am not comfortable at my home anymore because of my moms boyfriend because of what he has done to my siblings and family. I have learned that i can get my own place with consent and independence like i have been doing since i was 11. Thanks for you advice.

Child custody topics