I'm 17 do i qualify for the dream act ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

i turned this summer 17 and i'm thinking of going in the us and graduate there do i qualify for the dream act or any other services?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jeremy Brian Love

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are several questions that an attorney would need to ask to determine your eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Please feel free to contact us or see the website for more information.

  2. Asma Warsi

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You might. It depends on when you entered and at what age you entered the United States. It also depends on whether you left the US for long periods of time. Other issues to consider are whether you have any criminal history issues or history of immigration violations.

    I advise a consultation with either an experienced immigration attorney or an accredited not-for-profit agency who can advise you about your case.

    The information you obtained at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an... more
  3. Alexus Paul Sham


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You might. It is best to consult an attorney to review your facts. There is no such thing as the Dream Act currently. There is only DACA.

    Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does... more
  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is no dream act.

    If you are referring do DACA, whether you qualify cannot be determined from your posting. You need to meet all the requirements. See link below.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,597 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,597 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering