I'm 17 and got arrested for a DUI. This is my first offense, I spent the night in jail and got out on a PR bond.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lexington, SC

What should I expect on my court date ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dale Martin Savage

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to request an implied consent hearing to challenge the suspension, but you have only 30 days to do this from the date of suspension. Secondly, being a minor and having a DUI charge can have additional consequences so you should look into retaining someone to get moving on your case and advise you on the best course of action to take.

  2. Jonathan Parker Edwards

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty.

    Please be advised that this comment should in no way be interpreted as legal advice, nor should one rely on this... more
  3. Robert Laurens Driessen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to hire an attorney or request the services of the public defender. A DUI can have negative impact on your future as well as your privilege to drive.
    Robert Driessen

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,181 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,181 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering