I'm 17 and got arrested for a DUI. This is my first offense, I spent the night in jail and got out on a PR bond.

Lexington, SC |

What should I expect on my court date ?

1. You need to hire an attorney or request the services of the public defender. A DUI can have negative impact on your future as well as your privilege to drive.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

2. You will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty.

Please be advised that this comment should in no way be interpreted as legal advice, nor should one rely on this comment in making a final decision about his or her case. Each case is fact specific and peculiar in its own way. Thus, you should consult with an attorney in-person or over the phone, explaining your particular situation, so that the attorney can render fully effective and competent assistance tailored to your particular situation.

3. You need to request an implied consent hearing to challenge the suspension, but you have only 30 days to do this from the date of suspension. Secondly, being a minor and having a DUI charge can have additional consequences so you should look into retaining someone to get moving on your case and advise you on the best course of action to take.

DUI topics