I'm 16 years old and I don't want to live with my parents

my dad is abusive . my mom and sister and I reported him to the child services then we moved temporarily. the child services did nothing other than warning him. They also said that since we are form the middle east he can use dispelling but can't hurt us.we had to go back because my mom doesn't have money or a job. I don't know what to do. my mom wants to divorce him but she doesn't have a job and she is afraid that he might get the custody. I don't know what to do I can't wait two more to become 18. I tried to kill my self a couple of times but i got busted. Please help me

Fairfax, VA -

Attorney Answers (2)

John Howard Crouch

John Howard Crouch

Child Custody Lawyer - Arlington, VA

Contact the Tahirih Justice Center
6402 Arlington Blvd, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: 571-282-6161
Fax: 571-282-6162
TTY: 711
Email: justice@tahirih.org
Hours of Operation: M-F, 9am-5:30pm
Screening hours for new clients: Tuesday, 10am – 4pm. Screening re-opens the first Tuesday of every month and spaces fill up quickly.

Sponsored Listing
David Byron Bice

David Byron Bice

Child Custody Lawyer - Lynchburg, VA

Your best bet is to return to Social Services and provide them with specific instances of the abuse you are alleging.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.