I'm residential campus student upstate ny and I missed my court date in Brooklyn NY.I was to appear after completing community

Asked about 1 year ago - Schenectady, NY

I'm residential campus student upstate ny and I missed my court date in Brooklyn NY.I was to appear after completing community service...its kind of hard to get a open date to head to NYC considering my class hours and to make matters worse i m waiting on a employment back round employment check for advanced auto...I'm studying auto technology and will be a graduate in 2months the most...I feel I'm in a jamm smh

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

8

Answered . Call the court and see if a bench warrant was issued or if the case was closed out. If you didn't do the community service there is likely a warrant.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

6

Answered . Contact your criminal defnse lawyer on Monday to discuss the matter. You do not want a criminal record to impact your employment situation.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . Retain counsel there is now likely a warrant for your arrest.

4. Jason Lloyd Stern

2

Answered . Regardless of your schedule, you should NEVER miss a court date. Doing so almost guarantees that the judge will issue a bench warrant for your arrest and you run the risk of being incarcerated for typically benign things like speeding, littering or even an open container of alcohol matter.

If you cannot make a court date, hire an attorney to appear on your behalf. Your attorney can stay (hold off) a bench warrant and reschedule the case for a date and time that you can appear.

Good luck!