I'm citizen from Angola Africa and i open a company here in texas and now my partner who is a legal resident said i can't claim

Dallas, TX |

nothing because I'm under a B2 visa and I'm not eligible to open a company

This isn't really an immigration question. Talk to a business lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Your question is lacking as to what you are attempting to claim. However, as an investor, you may be eligible for certain investment visas that will allow you to stay in the US and work for your company. You should contact an immigration attorney ASAP. Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

we already setup an appt for friday with u , we will be at the office at 9 am , thank u see u friday

You can open a company under a B2 visa. You just can't obtain permanent residence or work for that company until you obtain a different visa.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Need more information to answer this question it does not end with citizenship. Perhaps there is something in the partnership agreement. Sit down with a business attorney in your area (Not in Africa but TX).

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Recommended articles about Employment