I'm citizen from Angola Africa and i open a company here in texas and now my partner who is a legal resident said i can't claim

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

nothing because I'm under a B2 visa and I'm not eligible to open a company

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This isn't really an immigration question. Talk to a business lawyer.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your question is lacking as to what you are attempting to claim. However, as an investor, you may be eligible for certain investment visas that will allow you to stay in the US and work for your company. You should contact an immigration attorney ASAP. Best of luck.

    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX


  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can open a company under a B2 visa. You just can't obtain permanent residence or work for that company until you obtain a different visa.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may... more
  4. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Need more information to answer this question it does not end with citizenship. Perhaps there is something in the partnership agreement. Sit down with a business attorney in your area (Not in Africa but TX).

    I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question... more

Related Topics

Employee wages and wage theft

Wage theft is when an employer withholds benefits or wages that an employee is entitled to under law or contract, such as not paying legally mandated overtime.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,160 answers this week

3,677 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,160 answers this week

3,677 attorneys answering