Skip to main content

I love my husband and we have been together for 2years in a half and I hate all this le thing bout Mexico ppl

Fresno, CA |

I love my husband and we have been together for 2years in a half and I hate all this dumb thing bout Mexico ppl I want my husband to have his papers we are planning on having a lil family later he has been here since he was 15 he is now 22yrs old.. please can anyone tell me how to get papers please!!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney. Whether or not your husband can get permanent residence depends on many factors, including how he got here, what your status is, and whether or not another person petitioned for him years ago. I would suggest that you get all this information and call for a free consultation. Best of luck.

Avvo doesn't remunerate me for this response, and I'm only offering limited advice based on the few facts given me in your question. I am not your lawyer solely because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me or are interested in a low cost or free consultation, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. It's impossible to fully evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.


I understand your frustration and it is experienced by people from all countries not just Mexico.

But Rebekah is correct, until you sit down and have a consultation with an attorney there is no way to determine what can be done for him.

You should also obtain any immigration documentation from his parents as well, as this may also help.

Good luck.

Marc Taylor, Esq.


Please speak to an immigration attorney in person. There are not enough facts here to help you properly.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Start by consulting with an experienced immigration attorney. The
attorney will be able to review your husband's immigration history and
advise you about the options available and recommend a course of action.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer