I lost my summons. how do i find out when my appearence date is?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

pink summons

Call the court you are required to appear in, and ask to speak to a criminal docket clerk. The clerk will be able to access the information. If you are unsure of which court to call, call the police station that issued the summons, and ask which court to call. Do so right away. Failure to appear could result in a warrant be issued for your arrest.

This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. I attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.