Skip to main content

I lost my son in a custody case and i need him back..

Springfield Gardens, NY |

i lost custody of my son this last month in august of 2010 and for no real reason at all, i was not drinking or using any drugs i just didn't want to be with his father anymore in fact i am in a relationship with a female and his family is sour behind that. he use false information about me which they found unfounded but still used it against me..i always did what i had to do to take care of my son...the father would not be the one with my son it would be the grandmother and i think a child should be with his mother if she can feed cloth and shelter him...again there was no abuse so can i get him back??

Attorney Answers 2


When you say you lost custody, are you saying that your child's father filed a custody petition, there was a trial and the court issued a final order of custody? Or, are you saying that social services removed the child from your care or that custody was transferred by some other means?
If it is the former, you would have to petition the family court to modify the custody order and allege a change of circumstances. If it is the latter, the answer may be more complex. Either scenario represents a challenging situation for which the assistance of an attorney may be required.
You may contact me if you are interested in discussing this matter further. I can be reached through the email link on my AVVO profile.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Attorney Advertising.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


You should consult with a local family law specialist and discuss your case in detail. Without an understanding of how you lost custody it's impossible to advise you specifically.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics