I lost my Social Security Card and my Green Card at the same time.

Asked 7 months ago - Houston, TX

Now I have to make a trip to my home country for a very important cause. I 90 might take a while, is there a way I can get an authorization letter to leave the country and be able to come back? How do I do that.? How much it might cost me

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

25

Answered . File an I-90 and make an InfoPass appointment to have USCIS stamp your passport.

2. Jennifer Heewon Ahn

5

Answered . After you file an I-90, you should receive a receipt notice. Carry that with you as well as your stamped passport to help avoid secondary inspection on your way back into the country. You can receive the stamp in your passport by scheduling an infopass appointment with your local USCIS office.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

4

Answered . Go ahead and file the I-90. Take evidence with you to an info pass appointment and get your passport stamped there, explaining that you have an emergency trip coming up with proof of the emergency if possible.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . You should file the I-90. Keep a copy for your records and bring this information to an infopass appointment.