Skip to main content

I lost my license in 2008. It was a 1 year sentence but here I am still without a license all this time later. Could I appeal ?

Scranton, PA |

I lost my license in late 2007 ( i believe ) for what was suppose to be a year and at the same time had a judgement for an accident ( $2500 ) added on so I can't get license back unless year is served and $2500 is paid. As of October 2011 the year is supposedly served ( cop never turned in my confiscated license to start the suspension and penn dot refused to back date from 2010 when I found out about it ) now I have the $2500 judgment to pay which Erie insurance placed on me. Is there anyway I could appeal this or is paying the 2500 the only way to get my license back? This has caused me hell. Don't get me wrong I owe the money but at the time they slapped me with this and took my license my daughter was born extremely sick , having heart surgery , pacemaker .. Still very ill & struggling

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your license can be reinstated. Retain a lawyer with expertise in this area. The attorney will be able to negotiate a payment plan with the insurance company which will allow your license to be reinstated. The attorney will also review your driving record to determine if there are any other impediments that need to be resolved. Good luck.


I agree with Mr. Keller that you should hire an attorney who is experienced in this area. Good luck.


I agree with the other attorneys, but would just like to add that it might be a good idea to call the PA version of DMV to inquire exactly what the status of your license is and what must be done to reinstate it. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer