Skip to main content

I lost my I-94 card issued after the final approval of my asylum, can I issue a replacement from any state?

Cypress, TX |
Filed under: Political asylum

My asylum final approval was issued from California, I received my I-94 card on my California mailing address. I moved to Texas before receiving the card. A friend in California sent me the card to Texas by UPS and it was lost by UPS. Can I apply for replacement using my Texas mailing address instead of my California one? If yes, what steps needed to apply for replacement? How long should it normally receive the replaced card? Thanks.

Attorney Answers 3



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Yes. You can hire an attorney, or you can find the form needed to replace the I-94 on the forms tab in

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Hi hope you are well! Yes you could and should apply for a replacement from a different address. Good luck!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics