I lost my I-94 but im trying to file for my green card through marriage, what should i do?

Monterey, CA |

really need to file for my green card ASAP because im trying to travel in december

File for a replacement I-94.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Use visa stamp in your passport as proof of inspection or file for replacement I-94.

San Francisco Immigration Attorney for removal defense, all work visas and avenues to permanent residence, investors, and naturalization. Call 415.834.0600 for free phone consultation - mention Avvo! 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 728, San Francisco, CA 94104 / www.lawbridges.com

In addition to the information in the previous responses, note that in some instances USCIS adjudicators will not deny an application because an I-94 Card has been lost. An immigration attorney could review your circumstances and other evidence to determine whether it is necessary to seek a replacement Card.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

I assume your marriage is to a US citizen. Since it seems you were previously issued an I-94, it should not be too difficult for an experienced immigration lawyer to help spply for a replacement. Alternatively, a CBP admissions stamp in your passport may also suffice to establish lawful admission to qualify for adjustment of status.

I think there's hope for your case, based on my experience successfully representing clients before the USCIS offices in San Jose and San Francisco with the problem you've described. You should consult with an immigration attorney to make sure this goes smoothly.

(408) 275-6565 Legal disclaimer: Daniel Shanfield is a former INS trial attorney and resettlement officer with the United Nations HCR, with 15 years experience in immigration law. His statements above are general in nature and should not be deemed legal counsel, as not all factual issues are known. Participants should retain an immigration lawyer to review their own legal matter. The information provided does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration