I lost my drivers license 5 years ago for no car insure. I live in Ga . What do I have to do to get it reinstated .

Asked over 1 year ago - Winder, GA

I have payed off all fines and probation for this violation.

1. Sam Louis Levine

3

Answered . Let's talk it out and/or I could refer you to another criminal defense attorney to assist you with this stale malum prohibitum offense.

Sam Levine, Esq.
    (404) 303-8875

2. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

3

Answered . Call the department of motor vehicle safety to discuss the current status of your license. Give yourself some time, as you may be on hold for a while. They can tell you what their records show in terms of reinstatement requirements and/or whether enough time has lapsed to the point that you need to re-take your drivers test. Going to the local licensing office can do the same, but calling will save you some time.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Talk to a criminal defense attorney in Georgia about the process.

Pro

3

Answered . This should help: http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1...

5. Cynthia Vaughn James

1

Answered . The telephone number for the Department of Drivers Services is (678) 413-8400. A consult with a local attorney may help as well. Many attorneys that practice drivers license law will know how to contact one of the attorneys for the department that may help answer your question if the direct phone line or the website listed by other attorneys do not yield any results. I would be happy to consult with you regarding this issue. Good luck.

6. George Costas Andriotis

2

Answered . Cal the Department of Motor Vehicles in Georgia or go to a local office to see where you stand.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

Answered . Contact your State Department of Motor Vehicles and advise them you have paid for all fines and probation and, I assume, have paid for all of the damages you caused while uninsured.They can tell you how to reinstate your license.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.