I lost my DMV hearing & I don't want a restricted license.Do I still have to take the DUI class. I got a wet reckless in court.

Asked over 2 years ago - North Hollywood, CA

I was told that if I did NOT want to get a restricted license then I would have my license suspended by the DMV for 4 months. However, I would be eligible for a license at the end of 4 months without taking the 3 month DUI class (AB541) or getting the SR22 insurance, or installing the interlock device in my car. Is this true? I plead no contest to a wet reckless and was given the 12 hour class by the court.

1. 6

Answered . A wet does not hit the DMV, so DMV does not require any class or further license suspension for a conviction of wet reckless. DMV will require you to file the SR-22 though. Here are a few good SR-22 companies: Breath Easy Insurance, (949) 529-5062. John MacDonald Insurance: (949) 788-1020.

Disclaimer: This was not legal advice, and in no way formed an attorney-client relationship.
  2. 5

Answered . If you are going to sit out the 4 months and there is no DUI conviction, then you do not need to do the 3 month alcohol class (since the court is only requiring the 12 hour class), and you will not need to get an Interlock Device in your car.

3. 3

Answered . You will need an SR 22.

4. 2

Answered . This also depends on what agreement your attorney had with the DA, and what the judge ordered. An interlock device is a tool you can use for a shorter suspension, but this is typically for a second DUI.
    However, Mandatory 5-month IID for convictions in Alameda, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Tulare for convictions on or after July 1, 2010

5. 2

Answered . I didn't READ your earlier questions but when a DA is willing to give a "wet reckless", it usually means they have problems proving their DUI case.

OSCAR E. TOSCANO
    (818)241-0806

One or more answers have been taken down.