I lost my ID and need to get a new one. I have an innactive warrant. Does DPS search for warrants when you go in for ID in TX

Houston, TX |

I'm not trying to get a drivers license just an ID

Yes. They can't arrest you if you don't have an active warrant, but it still sounds like you're rolling the dice to me.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Ms. Jaggers is correct... DPS does check for warrants when issuing ID's and DL's. You are rolling the dice. You may want to take care of the warrant before going to DPS. Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.