I lost fiancee petition approval notice.............

Asked almost 3 years ago - Ashburn, VA

hello!! if i dont have fiancee petition approval notice (I lost it by chance) and i supposed to attach it with I-485 could I instead send I-130 with I-485. I came with fiancee visa and i am already married to US citizen within 90 days..Please help me

Additional information

I went to USCIS office yesterday and they told me to fill out I-824.......it ll take about 4 month... I cant not understand why i-824 cost $405 and i-129F $340??????

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Kyndra L. Mulder

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes. If you have an APPROVED I-130 it will sufface. The I-94 may also sufface. If they require the I-129 approval the USCIS will send you an RFI. This will result in your cases taking longer then the average adjustment.
    You may want to make an infor pass to your local USCIS Sub-office. They may give you a copy of the lost approval. If they will not you will have to request one from the USCIS.

  2. William D. Fong

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I would include a copy of the K visa and your K annotated I-94.

    713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full... more
  3. Jason Todd Lorenzon

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You should attach the approval notice. You can also attach your passport visa stamp and entry document to demonstrate that you entered on a K visa. You should consult with an immigration attorney. Good luck.

    Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to... more
  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with attorney Fong.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,216 answers this week

3,431 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,216 answers this week

3,431 attorneys answering