I lost dmv hearing due to refusal. Got a speed ex without dui school requirement from the court. Should I still take dui classes

I don't know which one I should take. The letter regarding my license suspension includes that I need to take dui classrs but doesn't specify which one. 3 months? 9 months? 12 months? Pls help!

An APS action for refusing the chemical test simply causes a license suspension. The correspondence you received may just be a form letter from DMV. If there is a requirement that you complete a DUI school it would ordinarily come from the court. Call DMV's Mandatory Actions Unit in Sacramento at (916) 657-6525 clarification.

2. I agree call the DMV mandatory actions unit. If you refused according to the DMV you will lose your license for one year.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

3. If your APS hearing was for refusal then you don't have to do a class. If your APS hearing was for driving with a BAC of .08, then you do a class.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

DUI topics