I live in WA State a non-judicial foreclosure state requiring a recorded assignment of subsitute trustee prior to NOS.

Asked over 1 year ago - Olympia, WA

Does this law http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=64... apply and if so, would a
flawed corporate acknowledgement create a non-compliance invalidating the NOS, this applied to no ambiguity in real property issues http://caselaw.findlaw.com/wa-supreme-court/158... (Para; 18 & 19)?

1. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

5

Answered . Your best bet will be to go to one of the many free legal service such as the one set up by the state bar for foreclosure help. You have very short timelines for mediation help.
    Good Luck

2. Jonathan Alexander Sprouffske

Pro

5

Answered . As one old professor of mine used to say, "It always depends." There are too many variables that could play a role in the answer to your question. Where are you at in the process? What is your ultimate intention with regards to the property? Is Bankruptcy an option so that you can use the Bankruptcy court process to sort this out? I would agree with the other attorney's advice. You should contact an attorney immediately.

3. Evan A Nielsen

6

Answered . The nuances of foreclosure law are numerous. If you're considering legal action in that relm do yourself a favor and secure the services of an attorney. Your knowledge of the law will be very helpful in that setting but you'll do well to have an attorney as your partner.

Evan A. Nielsen
    1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
    Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
    Evan.Nielsen@NielsenLawGroup.net
    www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

4. Kevin Terry Steinacker

2

Answered . It is not immediately apparent how the case you linked to relates to an appointment of successor trustee (which is what I assume you meant by "assignment of substitute trustee"). The statute you've cited provides the form for a corporate acknowledgement, but RCW 42.44 provides other forms. As the others have stated, an attorney will not be able to give you advice as to how the statute or case law will apply to your situation without a more detailed explanation of the facts and what it is you're trying to accomplish.

I am not your attorney. My response is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.