Skip to main content

I live in Utah does anyone know if there is such thing as an independent lawyer?

Tooele, UT |

Or lawyers that might be working for the insurance and me at the same time is a personal injury case and we r trying to sued our neighbors homeowners insurance but our lawyer in a year and half has not done much and has little contact with us so is it possible that he might be fooling us around and making time so we would give up the case ?

Attorney Answers 6

  1. You need to have a face to face meeting with your attorney ASAP to discuss in detail the progress of your case.

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

  2. You might want to get a 2nd opinion from another lawyer. Some personal injury attorneys, like at my office, provide free initial consultations. I see you are in Tooele. Our office is on Redwood Road in South Jordan. (801) 495-4104.

    The items I discussed above are for information and not to be relied upon. You should talk with an attorney.

  3. Anything is possible, but I doubt it. You mshould set an appt with the atty and ask what is happening and for a time line and cost estimate going forward. If he wont meet with you or youre not satisfied with his answers/plan, look for another atty.

  4. It's unfortunate that you do not have any apparent trust in your attorney. This probably is due to a lack of any consistent communication. I suggest that you contact your attorney's office and ask to have a face-to-face meeting within the next 10 days to discuss the status of your claim. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your request for a face-to-face meeting, you may wish to file a complaint with the State Bar and/or consider changing attorneys.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  5. It is not likely that your attorney represents you and your neighbor's insurance company. It is more likely he is either doing lots of work and not informing you, or is not doing much, if any, work because he is too busy. Get an appointment to meet with him right away. If you are not satisfied with the work he is doing, discharge him and get a new attorney right away.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics