I live in TN. I was involved in a car accident in 2000. I was 17 years old. I do not believe I was at fault.

Asked over 1 year ago - Knoxville, TN

I did not have insurance , I had very recently just got my license . The insurance company called my mom and told her they would take my license if I didn't pay for the other drivers car . I felt pressured and scared to sign a promissory note to pay because they threatened this over and over . My mom paid if for me for a few years . Then couldn't afford it and my license was revoked . My mom called while I was out with a friend and said u have to go to their lawyers and sign a judgment now because they are going to take your license again . I was in my early 20s . I was scared again and figured I had no recourse after signing the promissory note . They have taken my license again just recently , for being late on the payment I have always felt I do not owe . Is there anything I can do ?

Thank you for the answers. I just recently discovered that they can not take my license. I did not know this before. That is why I think I may be able to fight this. I wanted to fight it all along but I was so young. And after signing so many things to "keep my license" I have felt like there is nothing more I can do regardless now. I am still worried that I may not be able to do anything. But I am really getting sick of having to get my license back, for something so long ago that I did not cause. But one more question, it is automatically my fault because I was not insured? It was not a requirement in my state to have car insurance at the time of the accident, though I did get it and kept it long after the accident occured.

1. Larry Van Roberts

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'm having difficult following you. I don't understand how your insurance company can take your license. Contact a local personal injury attorney immediately. Something doesn't sound right here.

2. Kevin Coluccio

7

Answered . This is an issue best handled by contacting a local attorney to review the note. A lawyer can review the documents, the accident report and any other important documents.

Pro

6

Answered . Bottom line is you need to have a local attorney in your city review everything to determine what best to be done.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. David Craig Lee

4

Answered . I'm happy to sit with you and review all this. No charge to review it all.

5. Thomas Lang Wiseman

4

Answered . This sounds like a very confusing situation that would be difficult if not impossible to disentangle in an online forum. You need to schedule a time to sit down with a local lawyer to review all the facts and documents in order to map out an appropriate plan of action. Good luck.

6. George Costas Andriotis

5

Answered . You need to insult with an attorney with all the documents you have.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  7. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . Bring all your paperwork to a personal injury lawyer to get the best answer.