Skip to main content

I live in the us for 19years can I get working papers under the new immigration law

11208 |


Attorney Answers 4


No. There is no such new immigration law yet. One has not been passed through Congress het. Stay tined and see what happens next.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


There is no new immigration law. There is a HUGE question whether there will be one any time soon.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Unfortunately, there is no new immigration law yet - only the possibility. You should, however, consult with a qualified immigration attorney about your particular situation to see if you have any other options in the meantime. Good luck to you.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


If you are talking about comprehensive immigration reform, then I agree with my colleagues and there is no new law yet. However, if you came here as a very young child and you are talking about DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), you may qualify, but we would need more information to make that determination. I suggest you seek a consultation with an immigration attorney.

Contact me at or at 240-395-1506. This response is provided for informational purposes. I cannot provide legal advice specific to the facts of your particular case without a signed contract in which you have agreed to allow me to represent you.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics