I live in texas i had 5 years probation(felony) now i am eligeble for release half time served, do i still have to pay the

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

remaining supervision fees. the remaining of the 5 years

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A person who is released early from probation typically does not have to pay supervision fees for the remainder of the probation. Every court has it's own viewpoint, so double check this with a criminal defense lawyer who practices in the court where you are on probation before relying on it.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more
  2. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No. If a Motion for Early Release is granted and your probation is terminated, you will not have to pay supervision fees any longer.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  3. Bart Charles Craytor

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will need to remain current on the monthly probation fees, make certain all Court FINES, COSTS, RESTITUTION, etc. is totally satisfied, all classes and programs have been completed, Community service hours are totally satisfied, and you will be eligible for early release so long as it is not a DWI/DUI. Contact a local attorney to verify your eligibility and to file a Motion for Early Termination of Community Supervision. In some circumstances, there is an opportunity to have any adjudication of guilt vacated and the charges dismissed much like a deferred adjudication. Good Luck.

    Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,035 answers this week

2,873 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,035 answers this week

2,873 attorneys answering