I live in Texas and im 17 years old. Can i move out without the police coming to get me and take me back to my house?

Asked about 2 years ago - Paige, TX

Im having major problems with my mother. She is always telling me that she wants me out of her house. My boyfriends parents say that its alright that i could move with them. Please help me.

1. Theresa Cay Langford

Answered . In Texas, Runaway is a status offense that applies to juveniles. Once you turned 17 you became an adult under the criminal justice system, and no longer a juvenile. You cannot be termed a runaway. If the authorities/parents know your location, then you also cannot be termed a missing person. Provided there are no outstanding court orders which restrict or limit your residence, then you can leave home, despite that you are still a minor under civil law, and must remain in school.