I live in Texas and I was hit by an uninsured driver.I do not have uninsured motorist only state minimum.What can I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Car was totaled and three of my children went to the emergency room.

1. Evan Matthew Oshan

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Sue the person who hit you and go after their personal assets. You may want to consider using the AVVO attorney search bar to find and attorney in your area.

2. David J. McCormick

3

1

Answered . You need to treat for your injuries and also call a local personal injury attorney because you will have to sue the at fault driver.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

1

Answered . If you are hurt get treated, then hire a PI lawyer. The initial consultation is free and you will be better off represented by an attorney.. Best of luck.

Pro

2

1

Answered . A personal injury lawyer can still file a lawsuit.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

1

Answered . You will probably have to sue the adverse driver personally in the appropriate court. It is a bad idea to drive without having uninsured motorist coverage, as many people do not obey the law and do not carry the needed liability coverage.

For the future, I suggest that you sit down with an independent insurance agent and review your coverages and obtain protection for you and your family.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.