I live in Texas and discovered I have a 29 yr old bench warrant in OK for a failure to appear misdemeanor. How do I remedy?

Asked over 1 year ago - Frisco, TX

I was 20 years old and both of my parents has just died six months prior , and as I recall I was ticketed for driving on a suspended / expired license . What is the best course of action to remedy this ? I am a paralegal in Texas and was doing research for a client and accidentally discovered this .

1. Katherine Ellen Shipman

Pro

5

Answered . Contact a criminal defense attorney in Oklahoma, preferably one who regularly practices in the county where you have a warrant. If it is a remote area with few attorneys who practice criminal defense, you will still need to hire an attorney who is licensed in Oklahoma. What an unfortunate surprise.

2. Jodi Soyars

Pro

2

Answered . Hire a criminal defense in Oklahoma. There is most likely a Speedy Trial issue, which will require an attorney to help you address.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . Hire a lawyer and let them help you sort this out.