I live in spokane wa with my gf at the sunset house apts. And my gf tried to put me on her lease

Spokane, WA |

And her manger denied me cauzz i was honest about my feloines and my 1986 sex crime i had when i was 18 now im 45 can i sue her? or get her fo discrimantion? Cauzz i also think she doing it also cauzz im black helppp

The manager cannot be required to put someone on a lease just becasuse they ask. Nothing in your post suggests discrimination.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Can she get in trouble for slander she didnt put me on the lease she threaten my gf or pay twenty five dollars a night can yu help

If the landlord used a screening service to gather information about you and denied you based on the information that was contained in that report you are entitled to a copy of that report. You are correct that discrimination based on race is not allowed, but you'd have to be able to prove it was based on race as opposed to permissible reasons, such as a past felony.

What you might want to look into is seeing if you can get your record vacated. With a sex crime, it may not be possible, but you'd want to discuss this with a local attorney who does work like vacating criminal convictions. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Ty so much i also wanted to add i was honest with the infomation and bf i wanted to be on the lease my gf was alredy threated to be kicked out

Landlord-tenant topics