I live in Rhode Island and pay a fire taxes in addition to property taxes. Can I count the fire taxes as property taxes on my

Cumberland, RI |

income tax return

1. The deduction for property taxes does not include taxes imposed for local benefit. Only the portion imposed on the interests in real property and levied for the general public welfare are deductible. Therefore, the tax you describe does not sound like it would be currently deductible.

H. Daniel Lively, Esq., LL.M., CPA Certified Tax Specialist, CA Board of Legal Specialization dlively@livelylawgroup.com www.USTaxRescue.com 714-708-2593 Mr. Lively is a Certified Tax Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He can be reached at 714-708-2593 or USTaxRescue.com.Any individual seeking legal advice for their own situation should retain their own legal counsel as this response provides information that is general in nature and not specific to any person's unique situation. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Advice given in this response cannot be used to eliminate penalties with the IRS or any other governmental agency.