I live in Pakistan and would like to visit the USA. How do I get visa with invitation letter?

Asked about 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

I have enough money to travel to USA (I have about $5000 in my bank statement.)
I want to visit and stay with a friend (who has sent me a invitation letter, and says that he can give me a place to stay and feed me while I am there.)
As I am Christian I do have some difficulties in Pakistan.
I think I would like to live in USA, but I want to see the part of the country first, where my friend lives and with whom I will stay. (I would hope that I can find someone who may want to hire me.) Since I am from Pakistan, I am afraid there will be some unusual obstacles since most people assume that I am Muslim or worse.
How can I get a tourist visa?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . You need to apply for a tourist visa at the US Embassy. You must convince them that you are planning to return to Pakistan to live.

2. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

3

Answered . It is doubtful that someone with $5000 in the bank will be granted a tourist visa. Moreover, if the consular officer knows that you are planning to live in the US, the visa application will be promptly denied.

In general, an applicant get a tourist visa by proving to the consular officer, among other things, that the applicant has strong ties to the applicant's community so that the applicant will very likely leave the US before the authorized stay in the US is over.

While consular officers sometimes do approve visa applications of persons with less income or savings, the persons with strong ties to their communities usually have been working at their jobs for a long time, have spouses and minor children, have real properties, etc.

More information about tourist visas can be found at the US embassy or consulate of your country.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

4

Answered . You get a tourist visa by applying for one in your home country and showing to the consulate that you have every intention of returning and not staying in the USA

4. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . By proving to the satisfaction of the consular officer that your ties to your country are so strong that you will return home.

5. Abazar Bazargan

2

Answered . you can ask a friend or a family member to send you an invitation letter ( samples are all over internet). Any relative with a stable jon and stream of income can send you such letter although it is not guaranteed that you will get a visa