I live in pa.my child custody lawyer is not helping me in my case can i fire himif i have a court hearing that day?

Asked over 2 years ago - Apollo, PA

i am in contempt of court i take my son an he tell his dad he is not coming or leave him alone.

1. Laura Kaye Robbins

Best Answer

Answered . The danger of firing an experienced family law attorney while you are in front of the judge is that you may say or do something that is extremely detrimental to your custody case. The benefit of having a family law attorney is that the attorney can assist you in framing your arguments in the best light possible for the Court. Good luck with your legal issue.

2. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

1

3

Answered . You are always entitled to choose your attorney and if you cannot work with your current attorney then you can discharge them. The best time to make a change if one in necessary usually isn't when you are in front of the judge. Try to deal with this beforehand. You can search the attorney profiles here on AVVO to find an attorney in your area. Good luck!

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now