I live in Oklahoma my dog killed another dog and ended up gettinshot and killed by owner of pet was it legal

My dog got out of my yard and ended up in a fenced in yard up the street

Fort Gibson, OK -

Keith G Langer

Keith G Langer

Animal Law Attorney - Wrentham, MA

Most, if not all, states have statutes addressing dangerous or nuisance dogs. A dog which left its own yard, entered a fenced yard and killed a domestic animal therein would almost certainly qualify for any action authorized under the statute - which is usually shooting the offending dog.

You can contact the OK and your county bar association for referrals if you really think you are the victim here.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
Elizabeth Lorraine Elliott

Elizabeth Lorraine Elliott

Animal Law Attorney - Normandy Park, WA

Most likely, but you do not give enough facts to answer the question.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.
Gary Ralph Ilmanen

Gary Ralph Ilmanen

Animal Law Attorney - Perris, CA

Probably. It might depend on when he was shot.

Related Advice