I live in Ohio and am borrowing my in-laws vehicle who live in Virginia. How long can I borrow or garage it in Ohio?

Akron, OH |

I live in Ohio and am borrowing my in-laws vehicle who live in Virginia. Is there a limit on how long I can borrow it or have it garaged in Ohio?

I cannot think of any issues of the top of my head. If the vehicle was YOURS, then you would have a duty to register it in your home state. If the vehicle remains theres, and you are simply borrowing it, there SHOULD not be any issues that I can think of. The police on the other hand may harass you, but it depends on where you live and if you are worth targeting. Good luck

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.