I live in NYC. the Man. Cty Public Admin. Lawyer is handling the intestate est. with the letters of adm. issued 7 mo. ago.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

The Est. is basically a Coop. Apt. and there are about 2 1/2 yrs of rent arrears + legal fees
due now. I am one of two heirs. the other heir resides in the
apt. and has never paid any of the bills, but was a primary caregiver to our surviving parent
and is or might be proven to be disabled

I was paying for everything after the surviving parent passed away Intestate 5 1/2 yrs ago
until I ran out of money a few yrs ago.
I now have the ability to pay all $$$ due but I would then want to:

A. pull the estate admin. away from the public adm.'s office
B. force the other heir out of the apartment so that the estate can be properly sold at the best price without any possibility of the apt. being sold at auction and to also lower the expenses and shorten the time in probate
help ?!

1. James P. Frederick

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your proposed course of action seems reasonable and plausible, under the circumstances. The only thing you appear to be lacking is an attorney that can assist you in getting things done the way that you need them to be. If you do not know who to turn to, you can click the "find a lawyer" link at the bottom of the screen, enter probate litigation and NY, NY. That will help you get started.

Best of luck to you and best wishes for a successful outcome!

James Frederick

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with an experienced local probate lawyer immediately.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You will need your own attorney to accomplish your objectives.
    No one can help you but to advise you be represented by local counsel.