I live in NY I'm 16 so is my girlfriend what would happen if she got pregnant.

Morrisonville, NY |

I Would like to know if any jail time would be involved. If she is able to leave home and marry me because her family is abusive. Anything you have to tell would be helpful thanks

She will have a baby. You will be stuck paying child support for this child until it reaches the age of 18 or 21 or possibly 23. You will likely have a hard time going to school to get a better job because you will be working to pay for the baby's needs. The stress on your relationship with your GF and her folks not to mention your folks will be very strained for at least a while and you and she may not survive it as a couple. Is it worth it for a few moments of fun??

Learn to use contraceptives (rubbers etc) if you are going to be sexually active. Take responsibility for your actions now before you have to be responsible for a little innocent life.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for information purposes. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions.

Criminally -- probably nothing. It isn't statutory rape since you're the same age, and its not forced. But I agree with the other poster, getting a girlfriend pregnant at 16 will be a life changing event for both you so either abstain or be responsible and use protection.