I live in NJ and my divorce and custody was done in TN. what are my rights as a non custodial parent?

judge in TN Granted custody to father when there is was nothing bad said about me..I work and took car of my son for his 4 yrs.. August of 2013 my son started residing with dad. there is no visitations said in paper or child support ? what happens help me what are my rights?????? My ex tells me you cant take him anywhere from state for vacations or nothing and not even out of the country i feel like im being bullied ...I would never keep him away or kidnapped my son..I don't know what to do ..Lost custody of my son for no reason. I had proof of dad being unfit but judge didn't care.

Piscataway, NJ -

Philip Smith Burnham II

Philip Smith Burnham II

Child Custody Lawyer - Marlton, NJ

Based on the limited information you provided, you will have to file your application in Tennessee. Please also see https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/189181.pdf which governs which state has jurisdiction for custody and support when parents live in different states.

David Alexander Browde

David Alexander Browde

Family Law Attorney - Chappaqua, NY

That's not enough information on which to base a precise answer. Consult a local attorney and discuss the issue in detail.

Peggy M. Raddatz

Peggy M. Raddatz

Child Custody Lawyer - La Grange, IL

Not enough information to answer. Consult a local custody attorney in person.