I live in my marital residence since 1999. My husband lost our business and was incarcarated for a short time for wire fraud.

Asked over 1 year ago - Marlton, NJ

There are judgements against him and I am thinking of selling our home. I am currently in title since 2011. After the loss but not sure if before judgements. I want to know if I am responsible for his business debts that were incurred due to the loss.? If we sell wouldnt I get 50% of portion of proceeds and he would get 50%? Or whatever he woukd have left after judgements are settled...

1. Dewitt Clearwell Liu

Pro

Answered . You would not be personally responsible for your husband's business debts unless you co-signed any business loans. However, your husband's judgment creditors can reach the proceeds from the sale of the marital home.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now