I live in my marital residence since 1999. My husband lost our business and was incarcarated for a short time for wire fraud.

Marlton, NJ |

There are judgements against him and I am thinking of selling our home. I am currently in title since 2011. After the loss but not sure if before judgements. I want to know if I am responsible for his business debts that were incurred due to the loss.? If we sell wouldnt I get 50% of portion of proceeds and he would get 50%? Or whatever he woukd have left after judgements are settled...

1. You would not be personally responsible for your husband's business debts unless you co-signed any business loans. However, your husband's judgment creditors can reach the proceeds from the sale of the marital home.

The above response is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed through the use of this website. Please consult an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.

Business Topics