Skip to main content

I live in Missouri and my wife lives in Florida. If I file for divorce, where do I do it? In Missouri or Florida?

Farmington, MO |
Filed under: Divorce

We were married in Missouri. Where do I file at.... Missouri or Florida?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. As long as you meet Missouri's residency requirement, you can file there. If your Wife has resided in Florida more than 6 months, she or you can file here. You will probably want to file where you own property so the court will be able to deal with that. If there are children, you might want to consider which state's child support guidelines are more favorable. There are many other things to consider, which will require you to consult with an attorney.

    This is for informational purposes only and is not offered as legal advice upon which anyone should rely. Nor does it create any attorney-client relationship.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics