Skip to main content

I live in MD, own a mobil home in Ft. Johnson, NY with a tenant who has not paid any rent for a year.

Fort Johnson, NY |

I want to remove some of my furnishings and have a potential buyer. I have the bill of sale, what are my rights?
Thank you,


Attorney Answers 2


Sue to evict the person.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If the tenant has not paid rent you may bring an eviction proceeding for non-payment. Before commencing the proceeding you must make a rent demand. The demand can be made orally or in writing. If it is written if must be served on the tenant at least 3 days before the eviction proceeding is commenced. The best thing you can do is to hire an experienced landlord attorney in the town or surrounding area where the mobile home is located. The cost of the attorney will be much less than the amount of rent you are losing.

Mark as helpful

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics