I live in Maryland. Can my husband cancel my health insurance if we are separated.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

My husband just advised that he is leaving and that he would be removing me from his health insurance. This would be devastating as i have preexisting health conditions.

1. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

1

3

Answered . Your husband does not have the right to make arbitrary decisions which could destroy your life. If you wait to handle this at a later time, then it is likely the court will later order that your husband reimburse you for your increased medical care if he wrongly deletes you from his health insurance right now. However, if your husband does not have the money to help you out later then a court order at that time would not get the job done. That is why you need an emergency court order right now to prevent your husband from removing you from his health insurance. Once you are removed from his health insurance, then there might be nothing that a court can do to save you after the harm is done. So you must act now, and you must act immediately. I am about 20 minutes away from Baltimore City, so I am close enough to help you. I am located in Columbia, MD and would be pleased to help you put a stop to this foolishness by your husband. You may call me at (410) 381-1656 for further information regarding your legal objectives and the important facts I need to know about your case so I can give you the help you need. David Mahood, Esq.

2. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

2

Answered . Then you need to file some paperwork in a divorce matter to get this stopped.