Skip to main content

I live in Maryland. Can my husband cancel my health insurance if we are separated.

Baltimore, MD |

My husband just advised that he is leaving and that he would be removing me from his health insurance. This would be devastating as i have preexisting health conditions.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Then you need to file some paperwork in a divorce matter to get this stopped.

    Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX

  2. Your husband does not have the right to make arbitrary decisions which could destroy your life. If you wait to handle this at a later time, then it is likely the court will later order that your husband reimburse you for your increased medical care if he wrongly deletes you from his health insurance right now. However, if your husband does not have the money to help you out later then a court order at that time would not get the job done. That is why you need an emergency court order right now to prevent your husband from removing you from his health insurance. Once you are removed from his health insurance, then there might be nothing that a court can do to save you after the harm is done. So you must act now, and you must act immediately. I am about 20 minutes away from Baltimore City, so I am close enough to help you. I am located in Columbia, MD and would be pleased to help you put a stop to this foolishness by your husband. You may call me at (410) 381-1656 for further information regarding your legal objectives and the important facts I need to know about your case so I can give you the help you need. David Mahood, Esq.

    This answer is designed to provide general information only, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. A consultation and retainer will be required if you would like to obtain my representation. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics