I live in low income public housing in North Carolina. Is my landlord responsible for bed bug extermination or am I?

Several other residents in my building have had bed bug problems and now I have them but I don't have the money for exterminators or a new bed.

Asheville, NC -

Kenneth Love Jr.

Kenneth Love Jr.

Litigation Lawyer - Winston-salem, NC

It depends on who caused the bed bugs. If you purchased an item and brought them into the home, you are responsible. If they were caused another way, your landlord is responsible. I recommend you contact Legal Aid or Pisgah legal services for assistance.