I live in Jersey City, NJ. I got married 5 months ago in Vancouver, WA to a girl who lives in Portland, OR.

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

We never got married in a court, it was a marriage as per Sikh act. She has left me several times and took all the belongings with her. Now I think it is too much and we want to get separated.
I never added her to my bank accounts or credit cards. I just got her added to my company's benefits for medical, dental and vision.
How can I proceed in this matter ?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

8

Answered . I am sorry that your marriage did not work out. You should separate the issues, did you get a marriage license and was it a legal or a religous marrriage, if it is not a legal marriage then you are not married, if it was then you should work with a local NJ attny and either file for a divorce or annulment.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

4

Answered . First I would need to find out whether you have a valid marriage, rather than just a religious one. If the marriage was valid, I would attempt an annulment. More facts are needed, however.

3. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

4

Answered . Given the complexity of your specific circumstance, you would best be served by consulting with a family law attorney who can assist you. Best of luck!