I live in Jacksonville fl my license been suspend since 1998 or 2000 in cedar rapids iowa for dui my second 1 wasn't like 1

Asked 10 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

tell me what I half 2 do 2 get my licinse back

Attorney answers (5)

  1. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have to do two things initally. Contact Iowa DMV to see what you need to do to comply and also contact Florida DMV. I wish you the best of luck getting your driver's license back.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
  2. Justin Gary Hausler

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to satisfy whatever Iowa says is suspending you. Call the DMV or clerk (equivalent) in Iowa. Florida is just honoring what they're being told from Iowa.

    Please understand that the following is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in... more
  3. Maria E Castagliuolo

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You'll have to contact the FL DMV to (1) see you if you're eligible for a DL now and (2) if eligible, what steps to take to get your DL.

    Please be advised that my answer to this question is based on limited facts and offered solely for informational... more
  4. Andrew Michael Bonderud

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would need to know more details about your case in order to give you a better idea about when you might reasonably expect to be able to get a Florida DL.

    But the other attorneys are correct -- You will have to resolve all outstanding/pending conditions and issues related to your DUI.

    If you'd like a more thorough consultation, feel free to call me at your convenience.

    Best of luck,
    Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
    Jacksonville, FL

    Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq. is an attorney The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A. He offers free consultations 24/7. You can... more
  5. James Donald Garrett


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact the Iowa DMV to find out what you need to do to get your license reinstated there. After that, contact the Florida DMV to see what other steps you need to satisfy them.

    Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,246 answers this week

2,927 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary