I live in Jacksonville fl my license been suspend since 1998 or 2000 in cedar rapids iowa for dui my second 1 wasn't like 1

Jacksonville, FL |

tell me what I half 2 do 2 get my licinse back

1. You need to satisfy whatever Iowa says is suspending you. Call the DMV or clerk (equivalent) in Iowa. Florida is just honoring what they're being told from Iowa.

Please understand that the following is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make legal determinations on your legal matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed.

2. You'll have to contact the FL DMV to (1) see you if you're eligible for a DL now and (2) if eligible, what steps to take to get your DL.

Please be advised that my answer to this question is based on limited facts and offered solely for informational purposes. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Maria E. Castagliuolo can be contacted at 727-698-3634. If my answer was helpful, please select Best Answer or Helpful. Thank you!

3. You have to do two things initally. Contact Iowa DMV to see what you need to do to comply and also contact Florida DMV. I wish you the best of luck getting your driver's license back.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714 bill@thelawman.net

4. I would need to know more details about your case in order to give you a better idea about when you might reasonably expect to be able to get a Florida DL.

But the other attorneys are correct -- You will have to resolve all outstanding/pending conditions and issues related to your DUI.

If you'd like a more thorough consultation, feel free to call me at your convenience.

Best of luck,
    Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
    Jacksonville, FL
    904-438-8082

Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq. is an attorney The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A. He offers free consultations 24/7. You can reach him at 904-438-8082. Andrew's posting here is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

5. Contact the Iowa DMV to find out what you need to do to get your license reinstated there. After that, contact the Florida DMV to see what other steps you need to satisfy them.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

DUI topics